How To Care For Heat Transfer Vinyl Shirts
Pressing designs for your shirt is one of the most exciting and fun activities to do. When a particular item has been added a vinyl through heat transfer, you can totally call it your own because it has a personalized approach already. However, one of the main questions everyone asks in regards to a heat transfer vinyl shirt is how to properly take care of it? To answer that question, this article will give you some tips for washing shirts with HTV.
- Never dry-clean your HTV shirt. This is one of the things that you should avoid. This is due to the fact that high temperature and chemicals used in dry cleaning do not go well with HTV.
- Just right after putting a vinyl to your shirt, let it just sit without washing it for at least a day. Always remember that HTV takes time to subside.
- Use warm or cold water in washing HTV shirts. High temperatures have the ability to weaken the effect of the adhesive in the vinyl. As such, it will be easily removed over time and you certainly don’t want that to happen.
- When washing the item with vinyl, make sure to turn it inside out so you can avoid the rubbing of areas. Such rubbing will also weaken the adhesive.
- Use mild detergent only. The quality of detergent also affects the quality of your HTV shirt. Strong detergent contains strong chemical which damages the adhesive of the vinyl.
- When ironing, never iron the vinyl design. Again, high temperature damages and weakens the adhesive.
These are just some of the most common ways to properly take good care of your HTV shirts. For more information, visit heat transfer vinyl @ craftvinylreviews.com for more informative and interesting facts.