Rat Poisoning: Things You Should Know About Treating Your Dogs

Dogs are man’s companion and best friend. We don’t want our dogs to get harmed or getting sick. As we take measures to control pests at our homes, we also don’t want our pets to get involved with. Rat poisons are common in every household, at least. It contains toxins that are a harmful substance designed to kill mice and rats. As having pets in our house, they are also vulnerable by this method. Rat poisons come in many varieties from appearances to taste, which our pets will eat if they come across it. These are the tips you should know if your pets get poisoned.

Know the Symptoms

Symptoms may occur after ingestion. The effects may not be seen until several days. As symptoms may vary on types of rat poisons, each poison has its toxicity effects and treatment. As the list below shows the signs of poisoning.

  • Presence of blood in their vomit and urine
  • Difficulty in breathing or rapid breathing
  • Depression
  • Nasty odor in the breath
  • Convulsion or seizures
  • Nose bleeding
  • Swollen joints
  • Possible death

Treatment

Bringing or admitting your pets to the veterinarian is the most effective way you can rely on. Vets are professionals in their fields, and they know all everything about your pets. Don’t try to do it by yourself, and there is always a chance you can make things more even worse. Even if your pets vomit the poison ingested, they’re still likely to need further medical help.

Prevention

The best way of preventing poisoning is to avoid using rodenticides if you have pets on your home. If you thoroughly need the use of rat poisons, consider the risk carefully. Place it in the area where pets can’t access. Besides, always keep the packaging in case your pets find the poisons somehow.

Conclusion

If you don’t have pets at your home, you are always free to use rodenticides. There are many rat poisons out in the market. They will give rat poisons reviews on how they work.